To view our full calendar, click on the blue “Calendar” link above “Upcoming Events” to the right.
- NEW CLASS! Healthful Ways to Integrate Self Care Back Into Our Busy Lives. Two-class series begins October 22, registration now open! In our busy lives, self-care becomes a challenge. This two-part workshop will help change that. In the first session, learn to identify which areas in your life that need attention. Learn to tune into that little voice telling you what you already know, and get some tools to make necessary changes. In the second, learn to read labels—food, body care, and household products—critically. Some products appear to be healthy, but are loaded with sugar, calories and chemicals. Many toxic chemicals added to personal care products. Learn about ingredients to avoid, and how to ignore the packaging and marketing that companies spend millions on to sway you to buy their products. For ultimate health, you must know what you are putting in and on your body. Click here to register.
- NEW CLASS! Inclusion Yoga (ages 6-10)–Begins in October, registration now open! This inclusion class will help children with Autism, special needs, and typical learners to feel comfortable with all people, noting that everyone is different and that’s OK. The class will combine breath work, movement, guided meditations and a deep relaxation period to help children learn to be aware of their thoughts, emotions and what their bodies say. Designed for typically developing children, and children with special needs, including but not limited to; Autism, ADD/ADHD, OCD, Anxiety, PDD, Sensory Processing Dysfunction, PTSD, CP and DS. Students must be able to take verbal instructions and follow along in a group setting with support. Click here to pre-register.
- NEW CLASS! Tween/Teen Yoga (ages 11-18)–Begins in October, registration now open! This class brings older tweens and teens together to explore how yoga can help them better understand and appreciate their changing bodies, relationships, and lives. Yoga can help tweens/ teens move through these often-challenging years and emerge with healthy ways to address stress and find balance. Classes will help empower teens and inspire self-awareness and body confidence, and are fun, upbeat, and non-competitive. Yoga poses, philosophy, breath work, meditation and journaling will be explored. This class also presents a wonderful opportunity for tweens/ teens to come together, laugh, and build friendships within the Open Spirit community. Click here to pre-register!
Please note! Saturdays’s Be Fit: Bootcamp is on hiatus for the rest of the summer, beginning 8/16. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open Spirit is a welcoming, multi-faith center. We provide programs that support healing, wellness, spiritual nourishment, and encourage personal growth and community connectedness.
Questions about our schedule? Contact Maureen, our Administrative Assistant. Questions about programming? Contact Suzanne, our Program Development Coordinator. You can find Open Spirit on Facebook and twitter. Please ‘like’ us and follow us!
Subscribing to our mailing list is a great way to find our about new programming, our special events, and also to get notices about class cancellations. Our list is low-volume (typically one email per week, with occasional updates about changes in our advertised schedule) and packed with interesting information. We hope you’ll subscribe, and share our newsletters with a friend!
- Inclusion Yoga Thursdays at 3:45 pm beginning in October
- Tween/Teen Yoga Thursdays at 4:45 pm beginning in October
- Healthful Ways to Integrate Self-Care Into Our Busy Lives beginning in October
More coming soon!